iMac crashed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

steph.ann711

Hello... looking for some help please. My mac crashed this past weekend- I'm assuming because I have run out of storage. It has been wiped clean, updated to new macOS of Ventura ( I think that's the one)... anyway- I can now restore from an old backup- but I'm still going to be out of storage when I do so... should I just start all over- do I need to move just LR over...

What is a good workflow? I import images from my sd card... from researching the forum- please correct if I'm wrong- I can keep LR (catalog) on my internal hard drive and import my images to an external hard drive and export my edits to that same external?!?

Would I need a new external hard drive to back up Time Machine?

Whew... I'm not understanding what I'm doing wrong as far as running out of storage- I thought I was moving the parent folders from the mac to the external hard drive, so that's not the case?!?

Thanks so much!! And help and/or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• iMac.png
    iMac.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
Hello... looking for some help please. My mac crashed this past weekend- I'm assuming because I have run out of storage. It has been wiped clean, updated to new macOS of Ventura ( I think that's the one)... anyway- I can now restore from an old backup- but I'm still going to be out of storage when I do so... should I just start all over- do I need to move just LR over...

What is a good workflow? I import images from my sd card... from researching the forum- please correct if I'm wrong- I can keep LR (catalog) on my internal hard drive and import my images to an external hard drive and export my edits to that same external?!?

Whew... I'm not understanding what I'm doing wrong as far as running out of storage- I thought I was moving the parent folders from the mac to the external hard drive, so that's not the case?!?

I don’t understand why running out of storage would cause anyone on a Mac to wipe everything from it and reinstall the OS, and user data.

As for work flow, you only need to export those derivative images that need to be used outside of Lightroom, i.e. sent to a social media site, make a slide show or viewed elsewhere not on the computer where Lightroom can show the finished image without exporting.

For TimeMachine, buy an EHD large enough to backup all of your critical user data including all of the data on the MacIntosh HD and on an additional EHD for your image files.

Running out of storage sounds like you are exporting every images that you edit in Lightroom. Because Lightroom manage the edits in the catalog, you only need an export of the derivative file when you need to send it else where.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slope game
My experience exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back