• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

I'm not sure what this image count is telling me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

camner

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
If I understand how the image count in the keyword panel works, what I see below means that there is an image that has the explicit keyword BODIES OF WATER:
1619741966200.png
If I click on the arrow to the right of BODIES OF WATER, the library now looks like this:

1619742196860.png

LR has now found 583 images. BUT, in the Filter 1st column, it shows NO images with the keyword BODIES OF WATER, and the selected image does NOT have the keyword BODIES OF WATER.

So, I'm obviously missing something as far as my understanding goes of what it means to have a "1" in the Keyword panel.

When you click the arrow to the right of BODIES OF WATER, it opens the Keyword column in the Metadata browser in hierarchical mode with that keyword selected. In hierarchical mode, selecting a keyword will show all photos with that keyword and any descendant keywords (e.g. "bay" and "beaver pond").

It's a bug that the count of 1 isn't shown for BODIES OF WATER in the Keyword column.

If you want to see just those photos that are explicitly assigned a keyword, change the mode from Hierarchical to Flat:

1619752654558.png

Now the Keyword column should show a count of 1, and clicking on it will show just that photo.

Thanks, as always, for sharing your time and expertise.

I keep learning new things and then if I don't have occasion to use them for a while, they disappear again, darn it all!

Well, when I changed from hierarchical to flat mode, LR didn't show me just the image with BODIES OF WATER as an explicit keyword, although I had BODIES OF WATER selected. It did this:
1619755221538.png
But I could easily scroll down and find BODIES OF WATER, and that showed me a single image. It was of a pretty flowering plant in our garden...obviously not a BODY OF WATER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back