• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

I'm kinda of torn with Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenon

Did you turn it off and on again?
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
My iMac is a year too old for the update. I was planning on getting a new one next year so I'm not in a big hurry. As long as I get security updates. My laptop is 3 years old. I like it keep both systems identical but I guess day to day software usage and desktop layouts won't matter. Not sure what the best option is. Wait it out with the laptop or update? I don't use the laptop very much expect for travel. Won't get heavy usage until February of next year and I'll start to looking into a new iMac when we get back. I have read some older plug-ins and software like Office won't work. I have not researched that yet. I'm avoiding another subscription plan.

If I were in your situation, I'd update the laptop and keep the iMac up to date. The differences bewteen the to OS will be mostly cosmetic and in user technique. Once you have opened an app, it will behave the same no matter which platform you are working

Thanks. I was thinking along the same lines. I typically update everything.

LibreOffice opened an Office excel sheet bit that was on my iMac. Not sure how long that will be open source. I am willing to pay Microsoft but don't need 1TB of cloud storage and 60 minutes of free Skype every month.

I have never tried that. Thanks

Well I did a bunch more reading and found out Mojave will still open 32 bit apps, etc so I installed this morning. Everything works. Even my old B&W plugin for PS. The only major difference (unless you use dark mode) I have seen is the Grab utility is now Screen Capture which is pretty minor. It works a little differently.

Thanks for your help. I made some notes for the later when I do lose Office with future updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back