• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

I'm back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selwin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Dear forum,

I haven’t been around much lately, so for those who noticed or wondered, my health has been giving me a hard time this year. I have had a liver condition and a colon condition for some time now, but it has now become apparent that the liver disease may shorten my life considerably. On the other hand, if I'm very lucky, it may not. Only time will tell. As the odds are against me, I needed some time to deal with that in my head. This is why my mind hasn’t really been with Lightroomforums much. On top of that, the other disease dictates me to have two major abdominal operations within the next 6 months, recuperation will take another 6 months or so. Sigh.

Anyway the good news is I’ll have lots of time during recuperation to contribute to this great forum and help out whenever I can. So this means you’ll see more of me soon.

Thanks for listening and I’m looking forward to meeting you!

Selwin, very sorry to hear your news, and I just hope that you are one of the lucky ones!

Yes, I had noticed your recent absence, and had wondered about the cause. I hope the operations go well, and I look forward to seeing to back on board as you recuperate.

Take care, my friend, our thoughts will be with you.

Selwin, I am very sorry to hear of your tribulations.

I am very glad that you have decided to keep your chin up.
I am sure that I can speak for the forum on this, that we wish you well and that we care very much about your welfare.
I applaud your courage - it is very common, as you have alluded to, in your situation to want to bury your head in the sand and withdraw from social interaction.

I know that I am very glad to have you back on board.
Selwin, I have no idea whether we can can offer any more than a sympathetic ear but, that, at least, we can do.

Welcome back!

Tony Jay

Welcome back, and sending healing thoughts your way! As another member who has had to deal with a number of serious health issues these past two years, I appreciate your keeping in touch with folks. We are a small forum, and many of us form acquaintances from posting together, so there is always a bit of concern when a regular member is not heard from in some time. I wish you successful surgery and a strong recovery.

Be well,

--Ken

Welcome back. Keeping up and being busy on outside interests has been shown to help the healing process. You are off to a great start with what sounds like a very positive attitude. Here's wishing you all the best going forward.
Jim

Ditto from me too Selwin. I'm very new to the forum, but I've read & appreciated a lot of the replies that you have taken the time & trouble to give to newbies, & it has helped considerably in my understanding of LR.
When I want a time out from my daily troubles, I find it therapeutic to have a look on here & see how fellow photographers are getting on. I may be new to LR, but sound photographic techniques apply as much in the digital age as they always have.
All the best for the surgery & I look forward to seeing more of your insights on here.

Cheers, Ian

Wow thanks to you all for your encouraging words. I must say I'm glad I finally reached out and posted this, because I strongly feel I'm part of this community and you surely confirmed that. I'm confident I will very soon pick up where I left about 9 months ago.:)

Ditto from me too Selwin. I'm very new to the forum, but I've read & appreciated a lot of the replies that you have taken the time & trouble to give to newbies, & it has helped considerably in my understanding of LR.
Cheers, Ian
Hi Ian, thank you for your support and a very warm welcome from me too. I really appreciate your feedback and I'm very glad my advice to others has helped you. By now you will have found that this is a very friendly forum where we like to help others and we generally get along very well. This is one of the things I like most about it, especially compared to some other photography forums. I am a very strong believer in the power of Lightroom and my objective is to take away obstacles for people so that they will actually use the software. I'm looking forward to meeting you soon online.

Good to see you back Selwin. Sorry you're having a rough time, but we'll look forward to your company.

Wow thanks to you all for your encouraging words. I must say I'm glad I finally reached out and posted this, because I strongly feel I'm part of this community and you surely confirmed that. I'm confident I will very soon pick up where I left about 9 months ago.:)
Well, as it turns out, this has not happened. I am sorry to have to drop out like this, like life itself, my recovery takes unexpected turns and twists. It's not that I could not be online at all, but I know that at this time, I could not make any significant effort like the way I used to. Therefore, my mind is not in the right forum mode yet. But I'm determined to rejoin you some day.

Kind regards,

Completely understand that Selwin. We'll look forward to your company when you're up to it, and even if you're not, drop by and let us know how you're doing from time to time. You are missed.

But I'm determined to rejoin you some day.
We are just as determined to welcome you back when you are. Do check in here from time to time, even if you are not ready to make a contribution. We do care.

Thanks guys. I will.

All the best, and sending healing thoughts your way. And given the wind storm we had today, I suspect they are there already.

Take care,

--Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back