• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

icm profile not recognised in LR or PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Fisher

mickfish
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Mobile Operating System: iOS / OSX

Desktop Operating System: Sierra 10.12.6

Desktop Lightroom Version: CC 2015.12
(Please go to Help menu > System Info to double check the exact version number)

Question or Description of Problem:

I plan to create a photobook with momento. They have provided me with a link to their color profiles. I installed the required profile on my iMac (OS 10.12.6) in Library/ColorSync/Profiles - where my other icc files are. I then re-started Lightroom CC (v2015.12) and Photoshop CC 2108 (2 but the momento profile was not visible. I then noticed that the momemto file was not an icc extension but icm. My research on various forums advised icc and icm are one and the same - icm being typically Windows but should be recognised by other OS. The forums advised that the easy solution is merely to amend the extension from icm to icc. I have done this but neither LR nor PS can see this profile. What can anyone advise?

When you downloaded the profile, it was probably zipped. Did you remember to unzip it before installing it?

Yes the download was a zip file - which I did unzip and then copied only one of approx 10 icm files - for the specific paper I intend to use - into ColorSync/profiles. Initially copied it unchanged as xxxxxx.icm. After I found LR could not see the file, and reading the various forums, I changed the extension to xxxx.icc. Still not appearing in either LR or PS.changed the exe

I have since tried to install these profiles on my Macbook - same result - not recognised by LR.

Neither the icm extension files nor the two icc files that were in the same zip file. Changing the extension to icc made no diference.

Then I downloaded an icc profile from Ilford for one of their Gallerie papers. Following the same procedure I copied the file into Finder: Library/ColorSync/Profile - and voila! it worked and is visible in Lightroom.

So I can only think it is an issue with the files from momento.

(Johan on both my Mac's the ColorSync/Profile folder is in Library; there is no Library folder in my username.)

Thanks for all your help and ideas Johan.
The dialogue box I get does not in fact have that one box "show Library folder" - see png screenshot below.
Using the other two methods mentioned in that link you sent takes me to the same folder I have been using.

Attachments

• Library view options.png
    Library view options.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 422
You definitely have a user Library folder, but like I said: it shouldn't matter in this case. But try this: Select the 'Go' menu in the Finder, then select 'Go to Folder...'. In the dialog that comes up, type '~/Library'. The ~/ part is the important part. That makes the difference between the system folder and the user folder.

I was advised last night by Adobe that Lightroom no longer supports CMYK profiles and momento confirmed today that the icc/icm files in question are in fact CMYK.
momento assures me that Photoshop is able to use such CMYK profiles - but I also had problem getting PS to see the profiles. (Now my Photoshop CC just hangs when I select file/print!!)

Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back