• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

I would like to know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesternGuy

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
I can't get into to my Lightroom to tell you this
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
...who is the mental midget that decided that I needed to log into my own copy of Lightroom, a product I have used and owned for over 10 years and now I have to log into it to use it. Having not had to do this forever, I have to have a password which I don't remember - who does? - so now I am caught between this idiotic stuff (I have a better word for it, but this is supposed to be a "nice" forum) and I cannot get access to my legal and paid for version of Lightroom.

Of course they send me a "code" I have to type in, but LR is full screen, so I have to shut it down to find the code in my mail and then by the time I get back to LR, the code is no longer good and I have to start over again. I would really like to know who decided this was a good thing to life long subscribers. This sort of thing is enough to make me move to Luminar or On1 because I don't really need this level of frustration for a product I already own. AAARRRGGGHHH!

WesternGuy

Shift F takes you out of full screen mode. No one changed it so you have to login every time, something is amiss for you.

Version - do you pay a subscription every month? Then it's going to be Lightroom Classic, check in the CC App that you're correctly logged into your account. It sounds like you've ended up logged out for some reason.

Paul thanks for the reply. I pay a subscription every month, automatically through PayPal and have ever since Adobe instituted this subscription thing. In fact, I just noticed, in an email I received from PayPal, that the "next" payment was made this morning. I am afraid that I do not know how to check in the CC App that I am logged in correctly. I have definitely ended up logged out for some reason. The key is to discover the reason. I have some ideas which I will test shortly and return with the answer if I am right.

WesternGuy

I am afraid that I do not know how to check in the CC App that I am logged in correctly.
Open the CC app, if you're not signed in you'll know immediately as you'll be faced with a sign-in prompt.

Paul, I fixed it for Lightroom. I opened my laptop to my email and then Lightroom on my desktop. When it asked for a "code", I was able to quickly get it from my email on my laptop. I will now go and see if the CC app will let me login as I just received a message box from it indicating that Photoshop had been updated successfully. Don't know what that means for the ability to "login", but I will find out.

WesternGuy

Paul, I was successful in opening the CC app without having to sign in, so I am still puzzled by the requirement to login to Lightroom. I will try Photoshop and see if I have to login to that app.

WesternGuy

I was able to start Photoshop and utilize it without signing in, so I still do not understand what the "fuss" was with Lightroom.

I was able to restart Lightroom without any problem. It tells me that I am now running version 10, whatever that means - I guess it has something to do with the new colour grading.

WesternGuy

Jim, sorry that i did not credit you with the suggestion on how to figure out if the CC app needed to be signed in to and, of course, I cannot edit my reply to correct my mistake. It has been that kind of a week. Cheers.

WesternGuy

We're just pleased you're all working properly again!

Thanks Paul. Everything seems to be working properly this morning. I opened Lightroom and no requirement to login.

WesternGuy

Be sure that CC is always running when you start your computer. It works in the background to validate your license. LR and PS rely on it to know if your license is still valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back