I think I have four instances of Photoshop -- what next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerrySmith

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I haven't used PS in at least 18 months but appear to have four versions installed. I do all of my work in LR but want to have PS in reserve. I'm on the LR subscription plan and suspect the multiple versioning is due to having been a subscriber since that program began. My question: can I uninstall/delete older versions (after ensuring any image files are saved)? My installed versions: CC2017, CC2018, CC2019, and CC2020 (v.21.2.4). Whenever the CC app has updates, at least two or three of the four show up on the pick list.

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

Terry

If the Creative Cloud Desktop app is set to Auto-Update, and Remove Older Versions is disabled, you could end up with multiple older versions over time.

Creative Cloud Auto-Update.jpg

I have Auto-Update off but I forget exactly how it works that way. I think when it offers you a new major version and manually choose to upgrade to it, the Remove Older Versions option comes up at that time, for that specific application.

There should be no problem deleting older versions of Photoshop. Just keep in mind that the Creative Cloud Desktop app only provides the current and previous major versions for installation, so after you uninstall the older ones, you won't be able to reinstall them. You will be able to install only Photoshop 2020 and 2019, or whatever the two newest versions are at the time you want to install.

Since this morning brings a huge pile of major Adobe upgrades, and I have Auto-Update turned off, I can confirm that Remove Older Versions is also available when updating one application manually. So if you update to Photoshop 2021 today and you want to remove all of the older ones, tick that box.

Hi guys,
Thanks for the info above, same thing with me.
Then this morning Creative disappeared, as in when I click on it nothing happens?
Do I need to down loaded it again, did the update remove Creative cloud?

Thanks for any hep or advice.
Alex

Oh my version of PS 2020 will not uninstall, using the add/remove programs. Is that related to the Creative cloud missing ?

Oh my version of PS 2020 will not uninstall, using the add/remove programs. Is that related to the Creative cloud missing ?
Yes, for a clean uninstall you need the Adobe Creative Cloud app. It is best to have this running all the time whenever you boot your computer.

Hi guys, thanks for getting back to me, sorry I have managed to get back to you.
When I click on my Adobe Creative Cloud, nothing happens now.
Do I need to down load the program again?

I just wanted to check before I started, and made things worse :)
Cheers Alex

Downloaded creative cloud again, then the old PS could be removed.

Odd thou, why creative cloud should just disappear, 2nd time its done that.
Still it is easy to sort out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back