• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

I tested LRC with LR6 already on MAC, but now LR6 doesn't work anymore

shalublack

Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I own LR6 on MAC and I downloaded the trial version of LRC to understand what advantages it has.
After a few days I tried to open LR6 again but it doesn't open anymore.
I tried starting from an old backup catalog, I deleted the preferences, but nothing, it doesn't open anymore.
The image of the program being loaded appears for a moment and then disappears immediately.
Thanks for your help.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
I fear you may have put an end to your use of Lr6.
From forums I have read I believe that having run a trial of LrC (by using the CC Desktop App) your Lr6 will become CC v2015.n.n, and will now require a subscription to the Photography Plan.
Do NOT un-install Lightroom. You will NOT be able to re-install Lr6! (The 32bit installer will not work in Big Sur 64bit)
Read this article which may get you reverted to Lr6-
https://web.archive.org/web/2016032...room-cc-trial-to-activate-as-lightroom-6.html