I paid for CC, still get "trial 29 days left" notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selwin

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
I finally bit the bullit an ordered - and paid - a LR+PS CC license yesterday. I got the CC icon in the menu bar (OSX 10.11.3) and downloaded the apps from there (LR CC and PS CC). On my account page it says I have an order and everything. But the apps still say they are trial versions.

Do we need to wait for manual processing by Adobe staff before the license is effected? It's a Whit monday today so there will probably by no staff until tomorrow morning.

Or should this all be automated and is the 29 days notification a sign that something needs to be fixed?

I have no experience whatsoever with CC install. Any help is highly appreciated.

Also you need to run the Adobe Application Manager as a background task. It handles your updates to the subscribed apps as well as your license to use these apps.

Yes I think I have all that. I have tried the following:
- I have the CC icon (looks like an "8" lying on its side) in the menu bar. When I click that and go to preferences -> General it shows my Adobe ID and the Sign Out button. So I assume I'm logged on.
- In Lightroom, in the Help menu, there is a menu item called "Sign Out (<MyAdobeID>). So I'm logged on there too.
- When I click Manage Account I'm led to an Adobe page where I can sign in using my Adobe ID credentials and there I see my "Creative Cloud Fotografielidmaatschap (One year)" listed. I can go to "Lidmaatschap beheren" (manage subscription) and that says all should be well:
Je lidmaatschap: Creative Cloud Fotografielidmaatschap (één jaar)‎
Datum voor verlenging: 15 mei 2017

Overstappen naar een ander lidmaatschap
Lidmaatschap annuleren
Verken je abonnement
Zowel professionele als hobbyfotografen zijn enthousiast over dit abonnement.

Je hebt toegang tot de nieuwste (en vorige) versies van Photoshop en Lightroom, plus de bijbehorende mobiele apps, en je bespaart 75% op de gecombineerde prijs voor de losse apps.

Basically is says the subscription needs te be renewed on may 15th 2017, I can explore my subscription and I have access to the current and previous versions of Photoshop and Lightroom + the mobile apps.

I also tried to sign out of my Adobe ID from within Lightroom, close the app and restart, then sign back in. It simply says I have 29 days left. When I select "license this software" there is a form that requires a Serial Number (6 groups of 4 digits). Clicked Back and again "License this software", now I get the option to Sign in using my Adobe ID (my personal Adobe ID defaults on that page and asks me to proceed with that ID), I click Sign In and keep getting the Serial Number form.

I can call Adobe help tomorrow and of course I can start using the software as a trial, but I'd appreciate any further ideas :)

Edit: I run into the same problem with Photoshop CC. All I can do is open as trial to start working in the application.

Last edited:
Did you install/reinstall these apps from the App tab in the Adobe Application Manager? That AAM screen should show the apps in your subscription with a button that reads {Open} beside it. If the button reads {Install}, you still need to use the AAM to install your subscribed apps.

Thanks for your help Dave and Cletus. The apps have been installed as I am already using them.
Where do I find the AAM? All I can access is the Adobe Creative Cloud, which lists the apps as "Buy Now". I do think I downloaded the apps using that Creative Cloud app, the one I described in the menu bar.

Here is a screen shot:
http://www.yulaniss.nl/downloads/CC.jpg

By the way I also have an entirely functioning copy of CS6 extended running on the same system. I've read that that is possible and that the apps don't interfere with each other.

What you call "Creative Cloud" app and I refer to as Adobe Application Manager (AAM) is the same "Adobe Creative Cloud Application Manager" app. PS13(the only part of CS6 that is relevant) does work compatible with the Creative Cloud apps. on the "Adobe Creative Cloud Application Manager" app tab, there is a section labeled "Find Additional Apps". There you can install other versions of Photoshop Bridge or other that your subscription entitles you to use. This includes PS13(CS6)

Hmmm....I decided to completely uninstall my CS6 extended installation as this was the laptop backup version and I don't really need it there now that I have CC. Will wipe clean the laptop and start over. Will backup and then erase the Application Support/Adobe folder from the library and see what CC will do next upon install...

6:30 PM Uninstall started...
6:39 PM Uninstall finished and restarting...
6:42 PM creating startup disk image using CCC...
6:49 PM Dinner...
7:40 PM Dinner finished...
7:45 PM Looking for which app to download first. Adobe's CC home page is not very intuitive (or I'm lame)
7:49 PM Settled on downloading the CC desktop App first.
7:52 PM Signed in
7:54 PM Looks promising. LR CC and Photoshop CC show up as "Install" and the rest show "Try"

Last edited:
8:03 PM Strange. Started downloading Photoshop CC. As soon as it's been downloaded it says "Buy". Maybe all will be OK when opening the app and signing in...
8:04 PM First downloading LR CC now...
8:20 PM All seems fine now. Thanks for your help...!

Last edited:
Make sure to download and install from the AAM, the little sideways 8 symbol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back