• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

I Know Where My Export Presets Are in Windows But Not How to Get Them Into LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

mldiggs

Lightroom Version Number
Lr classic 9.1 but it's the cc license
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi All,
Been away from here for a few years, but you all always help me find my way when I get lost.

I did a Lr CC update in December, and afterwards, my export presets are not visible in my export menu. I have a good dozen, some for Fb, some for various forums with size or res. limits etc as well as some for printing destinations, and don't want to recreate them. I have a file in my Caltalog folder that indicates presets and I included a screenshot here.

Presets.PNG

Question: How do I get these instructions back into Lr?

ML

Sorry if this is the wrong category. I have the CC subscription, but I guess I'm asking about Lr classic 9.1? It's a pc/desktop program, not one of the mobile apps.
ML

I figured out part of it: Just copied the old preset folder into the new one that was empty. Only problem is instructions like destination folder aren't working, so let me know if there was a better way.
ML

Your screen-clip suggests to me that you have the Preferences option set to [Store Presets with Catalog].
If you would rather have Presets in the usual 'Global' location (and the Preference unchecked) they should be copied here-
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Export Presets\User Presets

If your Export Presets are otherwise correct, then you may need to edit each one by changing the Folder Destination, then [Right-Click[ the Preset to [Update with current settings].

PS. Note that Export Presets now have a Checkbox (for multiple Exports with selected Presets). Do NOT place a check in any of these boxes if you just want to use a single Export Preset- just click on the Preset Name. And you cannot Edit presets if any boxes are checked.

Thank you! I will move the folder accordingly and remember that when I create a new catalog!
ML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back