• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

I key behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodbutcher

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Operating System: Mac OS X Sierra
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info): Lightroom Classic CC 7.1, but earlier Classic CC too

So, has anyone else noticed that using the I key to toggle the information overlay on an image is not the same as it was before Classic CC? I almost alway left it on my second setup which is shooting info and lens info (first is capture time and image size). So in both Loupe and Develop it showed the same info. Hitting the I key would toggle between off, first view, second view. But would always stay on that view. Now, it seems to stick in Loupe view, but when I go to Develop, it disappears. But I have to hit the I key a couple of times before it starts to show again. And there is a long pause and sometimes a box briefly flashes up.

Oh, and if I cycle it to off in Louple and go to Develop and cycle it on, then it will stay on in Develop, but Loupe now does what Develop used to.

Not a major bug, but just wondering if it was just me or whether others were seeing it.

One thing to clarify, it disappears after I quit LR and start again. During a session, once I toggle it seems to stay.

I think I see the same thing on Windows. You might want to report this as a bug at Adobe's site. Victoria has a site that explains what to do.

Somebody already had posted a few weeks ago, I like added my comments. An Adobe engineer responded just a while ago and they are going to look into it.

I don't see a problem with 7.2 on my Mac. The info stays, even after a restart.

It does stick on my Windows 10 machine with Classic 7.1 (not updated yet) so i tested i again on my macbook today (Classic 7.2) and it did stick! It just take a few seconds to load. It just took a few seconds to load.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back