• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Huawei P30 Pro ok for Lightroom CC Mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzy J

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR 8.3.1
Operating System
  1. Android
Hi, have just got the new Huawei P30 Pro mobile, but actually didn't check that my Lightroom CC Mobile App , the latest one, is compatible with the HuaweiP30 Pro?
Just been online and seen there may be some issues with LR operating well on Android phone? Anyone know about this? Thanks!

From Adobe’s site, Lightroom requirements on android are:

Android
Lightroom for mobile supports phones running Android 5.x (Lollipop) and later.
Ensure that the Android phone on which you want to install Lightroom for mobile meets the following system requirements:
Minimum system requirements
  • Processor: Quad Core CPU with 1.5 GHz frequency and ARMv7 architecture
  • RAM: 1 GB
  • Internal storage: 8 GB
  • Android OS version: 5.x (Lollipop) and later
Recommended system requirements
  • Processor: Quad Core CPU with 2.2 GHz frequency and ARMv8 architecture
  • RAM: 4 GB and above
  • Internal storage: 8 GB and above
  • Android OS version: 5.x (Lollipop) and later

A quick google suggests the P30 should be okay in terms of specs.

Can’t comment in terms of issues. It runs okay on my Pixel. That said, the much greater diversity of the Android ecosystem does make it harder to rule out issues. Was there something particular you were concerned about?

Thanks for info above, will check it all fits. I saw some posts about colours not being correct eg on skin tones once put onto LR CC? Do I need to use a certain Colour Profile on LR Mobile to view colours correctly from photos taken with P30 Pro?

Colour correction is always a little problematic on mobile. I haven’t really looked into it. You can’t change profiles on iOS but there may be more flexibility on android. My pixel has natural, boosted and saturated colour options. I keep it in natural, but personally I wouldn’t do any work that required calibration on a mobile and would keep that for my desktop where I have the necessary tool and software.

Thanks, yes will download photos onto my I-Mac and edit from there. Bit disappointed as was hoping by having LIghtroom on my mobile and top spec camera on the Huawei I could edit straight in mobile rather than having to correct colours by having to put onto I mac. Will see how it goes. Thanks for your help!

Thanks. How do I upload Lightroom mobile onto my mobile? I have it sitting currently on my I mac desktop. Also how do you transfer photos from I mac onto P30 Pro?Just via USB cable? Thank you.

You’ll find Lightroom mobile in the App Store, and you transfer photos via cloud sync. You’ll need a subscription for that, if you don’t already have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back