• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How to work with old LR6 on new computer after migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankU

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
LR 6 +
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I migrated my old mac computer to a new MacBook. The new laptop has the Lightroom.app inside itsapps, it has the variousLR catalogues inside its Pictures, but I cannot open the LR app now. I am asked to buy into LR CC to get to my pictures ... how can I use my standalone LR.

How can I continue with LR 6.14 or such now? The images below are from the new pink background laptop.
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 17.47.09.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 17.46.20.png

Hi

Did you actually install LR6 or copy from the previous computer?

I would suggest it needs to be installed by downloading LR6 from Adobe here then registering it with the original License key (if you don't have the key, then as long as you registered it initially Adobe Support will assist)

And if Paul's reinstall suggestion doesn't do the trick, grab us some screenshots of what happens when you try to open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back