• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module How to use new Lr CC tools on images imported with earlier versions of Lr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nIkedoni1a

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lr CC 9.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I have images that i imported into Lr back in 2010 using whatever was the current version of Lr was back then. At the time I only performed only very basic edits and upon reviewing them now i know i could do much better now with the new tools in Lr CC. I thought that when Lr updated the catalog with the new install that the new tools would show up in the develop module but of course the old ones (brightness, fill Light etc) are there. I see posts about changing calibration but don't know how that is done and warnings not to do entire folders, just individual images because their "appearance" may change. Truthfully it would be okay with me if I just reset the edits and started fresh with the current version of Lr. Can someone walk me through it? Thanks in advance!

Develop Module - Calibration - Process Version. Change it to the current one (PV5) and you get all the new features!!! (you can do this for multiple photos of course, if you choose)

Adding to Paul's post-
When in the Develop module, you will see a 'lightning bolt' symbol in the Histogram panel for any photo that is still using an 'old' Process Version.
ScreenShot080.jpg

Click on this icon to update the Process Version. And ignore the warning about "appearance may change"- so what! you would probably want the better color rendering that Process Version 5 gives your photos. And you get to use all the new tools available in Classic v9.2 :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back