• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you ever disappointed with your photos? Do you get frustrated when you’re editing because you’ve been told to move certain sliders, but never been told WHY? Do you wish you could transform your photos without having to spend hours in front of the computer? In our books, Adobe Lightroom - The Missing FAQ and Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro you’ll learn:
    • how to to analyze a photo like a pro, saving you hours of frustration.
    • WHY you might want to move specific sliders, instead of just following recipes.
    • what the sliders are doing behind the scenes.
    • how to use sliders together, instead of in isolation, so you can get the optimal result
    Lightroom Classic us based on the folder-based version of Lightroom and Edit Like a Pro is based on the cloud-native Lightroom desktop and mobile apps, but the principles also apply to Lightroom 6. The sliders are arranged into slightly different panels, but there's an included PDF that shows you where to find them in 6.

How to stop edited Photoshop image appearing next to original Lightroom image in smart collection

jonnyfriendly

Lightroom Version
Classic 2017
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Using Lightroom classic 2017 and Photoshop 2014 on Mac
Hi
Can anyone tell me how to unlink my worked on Photoshop image from appearing next to my original Lightroom image in Smart Collection
I have a separate system for saving and storing my Photoshop files although I use Lightroom mainly for cataloging purposes
I can only remove the photoshopped version of the image from Lightroom by using the delete shortcuts which also deletes the Photoshop file
Thanks in advance
j

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Smart Collection membership is determined by criteria. When an image meets the criteria it is in the Smart Collection. A Derivative image inherits the metadata from the source image. Either add criteria that will exclude the derivative Photoshop image or change the metadata (by adding a keyword) to the derivative Photoshop image.

As example, One solution might be to add the keyword Photoshop to the derivative image. The add a new criteria to the Smart collection that reads {Keywords}{does not contain}{Photoshop}

If your Smart Collection contains only RAW files and your Photoshop Derivative is always a TIFF, then this criteria
{File Type}{is not}{TIFF}. Would get the job done

jonnyfriendly

Thanks Cletus - as i have tiff set in my external editing preference for PS. I took your advice with
the {File Type}{is not}{TIFF} criteria and it appears to work
Thanks so much - real time saver for me
j