• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How to sort your faces/persons from left to right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjørn K Nilssen

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I like the face recognition and ability to tag faces/persons in LR.
What I don't like is that the names are added to the keywords sorted alphabetically. I guess there is no way to sort keywords differently?
What I would really like is to get them added as Caption/Description, sorted from left to right. Or other ways to find the right name for a person in a photo?

Is there a way to do that?

A plugin maybe?

Short answer: There is no way to do that in LR. Keywords are always sorted using the sort function built into the OS. A keyword is simply a string of characters – a phrase. That some of these keywords can be interpreted as named individuals is a human imposed constraint. I'm not sure how LR stores "Face" location associated with the image. It might be possible for some of our more experienced plugin developers to extract the keywords assigned to these "face" locations and assemble a Caption ordered by location coordinates on the image.

I think Search Replace Transfer by John Beardsworth can do that. It seems to transfer keyword names in the left right order in the couple that I tried (the actual couple were A and B and when transfering to the title field it was A,B when A was on the left and B,A when she was on the right. Dunno if it was just coincidental though, but check it out.

I think Search Replace Transfer by John Beardsworth can do that. It seems to transfer keyword names in the left right order in the couple that I tried (the actual couple were A and B and when transfering to the title field it was A,B when A was on the left and B,A when she was on the right. Dunno if it was just coincidental though, but check it out.

Sounds promising :)
Will give it a try.
Looks nice/useful even if it doesn't do that job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back