• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How to selectively reset development on 200+ photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkilci

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hello.

I got myself into a mess and need advice.

I developed 200+ pictures from a shoot, making basic corrections as well as selective masking to remove a white background blemishes. I want to remove only the masking from each photo. Is there a way to do this on all 200 images. I want to keep the changes I made as well.

So here is what I have. I have the 200 images with all corrections. Created 200 virtual copies. On the 200 virtual copies, how do I remove only changes with the Adjustment Brush to each photo? Hope I am explainig this correct and makes sense.

Thanks in advance.
Murat

This is how to delete an individual Adjustment brush.

Select one of your virtual copies.
Select the Adjustment Brush Tool.
Make sure the Select Edit Pins is 'Always Visible'. If you cannot see this option then tap the 'T' for toolbar option in the Dev mode.
Select the Adjustment pin.
Tap the Delete key.

upload_2016-10-18_16-41-12.png

Maybe someone else can explain how you might be able to do this across multiple images.

How about, with the 200 photos selected, putting Lightroom in AutoSync mode (the little toggle next to the Sync button) and then hit the Reset button in the Adjustment Brush Options panel.

Hello.

I got myself into a mess and need advice.

I developed 200+ pictures from a shoot, making basic corrections as well as selective masking to remove a white background blemishes. I want to remove only the masking from each photo. Is there a way to do this on all 200 images. I want to keep the changes I made as well.

So here is what I have. I have the 200 images with all corrections. Created 200 virtual copies. On the 200 virtual copies, how do I remove only changes with the Adjustment Brush to each photo? Hope I am explainig this correct and makes sense.

Thanks in advance.
Murat

If I understand you correctly this can be done but requires a sharp intake of breath. Make a backup copy of your catalogue - just in case.

In the Develop Module, click on one of the photos with all the edits that you want. At the bottom of the lefthand panel, click on Copy and a "Copy Settings" dialogue box (window) will appear. Click on "Check All" and then uncheck the settings you do not want copied (Local Adjustments in your case). Click on the Copy button. Make sure you do not select any photos you do not want to change, then select all the photos you want to remove the Adjustments from (hold your breath ;-) and click on Reset. Now click on Paste to push all the settings onto all of the photos. It may take a few minutes to complete.

This does assume that the settings you copy are the exact ones you wanted on all 200 photos.

Good try EM Comments, but that'll reset all of the settings APART from the masking... whereas Murat just wants to reset the masking. Welcome to the forum though, and please keep diving in. It's the best way to learn!

Good try EM Comments, but that'll reset all of the settings APART from the masking... whereas Murat just wants to reset the masking. Welcome to the forum though, and please keep diving in. It's the best way to learn!.

Hi Victoria

Yes I know it will change all of the photos, that why I said "This does assume that the settings you copy are the exact ones you wanted on all 200 photos". However it WILL remove the masking from all 200 photos (via the Reset).

I didn't think it is possible to Remove a setting via the Copy & Paste settings method but just tried it and it seems that it is. YMMV.

Create a new virtual copy of any photo and hit reset to remove all settings. Click on Copy and check only the Local Adjustments and Spot removal click Copy. Select all the photos to be altered and click Paste. The non-existent Local and Spot settings are applied effectively removing the unwanted ones. Warning about taking a backup applies. IANAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back