KJphoto

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom 5.7.1
Operating System
I would like to reset my Lightroom 5 back to the original settings. I have evidently clicked on something and my LR5 is not the way it was. I do not want to lose my current folders and photos. I have a Mac and am using macOS 10.12 Serra. thank you

Could you explain what about Lr5 is not the way it was? A screenshot of the problem would probably tell us a lot more....

On import I have to right click file handling to go to destination and than it only give me date to import, in the past I could name the folder. Also when I rate my photos it now moves the rated photos together, before they would stay in order unless I used the G key. My photos are also imported oldest first. I would just like to be back to the original settings. Yes I am a beginner and do not want to go with the subscription base at this time. Lightroom 5 is doing everything I need right now. Hope this all makes sense? thank you

Once you have right-clicked on the File Handling header and checked the Destination box, that should ensure that the Destination panel will be visible every time you start any Import (apart from an Add import). If it constantly "disappears", you may need to reset the LR Preferences (see here: How do I reset Lightroom's Preferences? | The Lightroom Queen).

When you do use the Destination panel, there should be an up/down arrow at the right-hand side of the "Organize" box near the top of the panel, clicking on that should show the option to either use "By Date" or "Into one folder". See this screenshot:

Screenshot_2018-08-13_10_06_24_png.png

The problem when rating the photos probably means you have the sort order (on the Toolbar below the Grid - press "T" if it's not visible) set to "Rating". Change it to something else and the problem shouldn't occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back