How to reduce image in frame so I can crop and retain most of the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmargolis

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 9.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
How do I make the image in the frame smaller so I can crop a 3x2 to a square format and retain most of the image. Can I make the image smaller so most of it isn't lost? Thank you. Screenshot 2020-03-06 18.43.40.png

You could only do it by adding white (or another plain color) above and below the photo. Have a look at the examples on page 155 (latest PDF of Edit Like a Pro) or page 231 in the Missing FAQ) to illustrate it.

How do I make the image in the frame smaller
Are you trying to crop the picture, resize it, or both? As Victoria stated, you may have to add white space which can be done when it's printed.

Well sometimes you need to crop a picture but do not want to eliminate any important item. So in that case what I would do is that I would crop in such a ratio where just the unimportant part gets removed. Sometimes I consider my hair getting cropped just to keep the size.

I don't care about the crop ratio when I crop. I crop to get the picture I want then print. In some cases this means I have white space. In your case, try cropping then printing to a square format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back