how to place a new preset in the "sharpening" group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimlevitt

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 8.3 release Camera Raw 11.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've created a sharpening preset to match the "sharpen faces" settings Adobe provided in earlier versions of Lightroom. (Amount 35, Radius 1.4, Detail 15, Masking 60). I would like to put this preset in the same folder as the current standard sharpening presets in Lightroom Classic v8.3, but there seems to be no way to do that. Using the "move" feature, the locations offered are "New Group"; "Lightroom BW toned presets"; and "User Presets." The group I want, "Sharpening," is not offered as a possible location.

How can I move a new preset into this already existing group, so all my sharpening preset choices are together?

I’m not sure, but I don’t think you can add custom presets in the default groups. Only in your own groups, or the user preset group.

I’m not sure, but I don’t think you can add custom presets in the default groups. Only in your own groups, or the user preset group.
I recall this being the reason that I created my own user preset structure. From the default presets I copied the standard presets that I used regularly into my defined preset group and added my own created presets. I then collapsed the standard presets

I recall this being the reason that I created my own user preset structure. From the default presets I copied the standard presets that I used regularly into my defined preset group and added my own created presets. I then collapsed the standard presets
Clever! Gets around the problem of standard sharpening presets in one group, personal presets in another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back