• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The December 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic is just bug fixes and new cameras in this release, but it fixes a whole load of macOS Catalina issues.
    Lightroom (cloud-based service) has export options and direct import on iOS and the ability to contribute photos to someone else's account from the desktop/mobile apps.
    The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Are you ever disappointed with your photos? Do you get frustrated when you’re editing because you’ve been told to move certain sliders, but never been told WHY? Do you wish you could transform your photos without having to spend hours in front of the computer? In my new book, Adobe Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro, you’ll learn:
    • how to to analyze a photo like a pro, saving you hours of frustration.
    • WHY you might want to move specific sliders, instead of just following recipes.
    • what the sliders are doing behind the scenes.
    • how to use sliders together, instead of in isolation, so you can get the optimal result
    The book is based on the cloud-native Lightroom CC desktop and mobile apps, but the principles also apply to Lightroom 6 and Lightroom Classic. The sliders are arranged into slightly different panels, but there's an included PDF that shows you where to find them in Lightroom Classic/6.

how to place a new preset in the "sharpening" group?

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 8.3 release Camera Raw 11.3
Operating System
Windows 10
I've created a sharpening preset to match the "sharpen faces" settings Adobe provided in earlier versions of Lightroom. (Amount 35, Radius 1.4, Detail 15, Masking 60). I would like to put this preset in the same folder as the current standard sharpening presets in Lightroom Classic v8.3, but there seems to be no way to do that. Using the "move" feature, the locations offered are "New Group"; "Lightroom BW toned presets"; and "User Presets." The group I want, "Sharpening," is not offered as a possible location.

How can I move a new preset into this already existing group, so all my sharpening preset choices are together?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
I’m not sure, but I don’t think you can add custom presets in the default groups. Only in your own groups, or the user preset group.
I recall this being the reason that I created my own user preset structure. From the default presets I copied the standard presets that I used regularly into my defined preset group and added my own created presets. I then collapsed the standard presets

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I recall this being the reason that I created my own user preset structure. From the default presets I copied the standard presets that I used regularly into my defined preset group and added my own created presets. I then collapsed the standard presets
Clever! Gets around the problem of standard sharpening presets in one group, personal presets in another.