• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

how to move location of from CC pictures in Classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom75

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version Number
CC Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi All,

due to my recent iMac crash and completely new installatiion of the new imac I need to change the setup of some things.

since I am using now an external Thunderbolt 3 disk for pictures etc which works perfect for all the Classic pictures etc I want to change also the location of my CC pictures in Clasicc.

In Classic there is a collection called from LR CC and I have in the setting changed the location of the CC ecosystem pictures and I have moved the CC pictures folder to this new location on the external disk, however when I then go into the collection called form LR CC then the is this sign on the pictures that the original cannot be located and its strange because I cannot even relocate the folder or main folder, there is no option for this. I can only relocate each single picture.

How can I move the pictures to the external disk without this problem?

Regards,
Tom

....does no one know how I can move these files?

would be nice if I could move them without getting this problem that the original is missing

Regards,
Tom

You can select all pictures and then drag & drop them where you want, but that obviously does not work if the pictures are missing. The images are probably missing because you did not restore them after the crash. The default location is an .lrdata package in your Pictures folder, if I am not mistaken. Look for that in your backup.

Hi Johan and sorry for the misunderstanding, I explained maybe a little wrong.

I have all my Classic and CC images, everything is restored and as it should be.

the images in the collection "from CC" also dont appear anymore that the original is missing because I have moved them back to the original location on the internal SSD of the iMac where they used to be.
But I want to move them to the external disk and when trying that I got the problems that the originals appeared to be missing etc.

Since "from CC" is a collection and not a folder I cannot just move the actual images in LR with dragging I thought but in the preferences there is an option to change the location of the CC ecosystem images and this I tried but didnt work for some reason.

Regards,
Tom

the images in the collection "from CC" also dont appear anymore that the original is missing because I have moved them back to the original location on the internal SSD of the iMac where they used to be.
But I want to move them to the external disk and when trying that I got the problems that the originals appeared to be missing etc.
There is no reason why originals should appear as missing, as long as you move them by dragging and dropping inside Lightroom, not by using the Finder.

Since "from CC" is a collection and not a folder I cannot just move the actual images in LR with dragging I thought but in the preferences there is an option to change the location of the CC ecosystem images and this I tried but didnt work for some reason.
Sure you can move them by dragging and dropping from that collection. You just need to drop them into a folder in the folder panel. You can do this by selecting them in the collection, or by selecting them in their current location in the folder panel.

The option you set in the preferences is for new images only. It will not move any existing images.

Thanks a lot for the explanation, the dragging in LR worked.

Then I understand this with the preferences that, thanks.

Regards,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back