• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • It's Lightroom update time again! No new features in the mid-April release, but new cameras, lens profiles and bug fixes. Here's the usual list

How to migrate Identity Plate settings?

Ad Astra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
Windows 10
Hi

I am setting up a new Windows laptop and copying across my Lightroom settings etc from my main PC. I have most things I want migrated but my Identity Plate eludes me. On my main PC in Identity Plate Editor I select "save as" give it a name and press save. Some thing exists as if I select an existing name Lightroom complains it already exists. However, there is no XX.lrtemplate file that I can find in ...\AppData\Roaming\Lightroom where XX is the name I called it in the Identity Plate Editor. Everything else seems to exist as a .lrtemplate file but my Identity Plate is not to be found with the name I called it in the Identity Plate Editor nor anything obvious like Identity.

Anybody know where this information is saved?

I am not copying my master catalogue onto the laptop just using a local temporary catalog for travel and merging it back into the master on return. I have managed to copy my keywords, smart filters and most preference templates. Only Identity Plate remains.

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
The identity plate should have migrated with rest of the transfer and you'll need to reset it. With LR open, Go to Edit > Identity Plate Setup. When the menu opens at the top left where it says Identity Plate there should be a drop down menu, either your file name or Personalized should be there. Select to reset. When I restored my Mac, I had to select Personalized to restore my plate. I've attached a screen shot to show how mine is set.

Attachments

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
If I remember rightly, the Identity Plate is catalog-specific, and stored in the catalog itself, rather than as a separate file.

Ad Astra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Thanks Victoria, that would explain why there is no .lrtemplate file. A quick test does show the Identity Plate can be different per catalogue. This actually maybe a useful feature e.g. to confirm which catalgoue I am using!

tmetaksa

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
When I go to the Identity plate within Lightroom. There are two boxes next to the words Identity plate: The first box has three choices: Adobe ID, Lightroom Classic and Personalized. The Second box has a listing of Custom then a drop down list of several of my identity plates I use for printing, then Save As and Remove. I want to edit an Identity plate and can not find where it is located. Can anyone help me?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic
The identity plates settings are stored in the catalog. I guess the image identity plate are just referenced in the catalog (I didn't check)