• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How to keep crop overlay on an image to export

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yvon

Yvonne
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi, I’m currently doing a photography course and for one of my assignments I’d like to add an image that has the rule of thirds grid on it - I have found the crop overlay tool and I’m able to add that to my image - is it actually possible to keep the grid lines on the image please? Many thanks, Yvonne

I know no way to add the grid lines on an image.
However, if it's for a course, why not take a screen shot of the image with the overlay ?
Hi Philippe, thanks for getting back to me, good idea, I think I’ll do that and save myself the headache - Many thanks, Yvonne

I know no way to add the grid lines on an image.
However, if it's for a course, why not take a screen shot of the image with the overlay ?
Another option would be to draw these lines using Photoshop.

Another option would be to draw these lines using Photoshop.
Hi Cletus, I’ve just worked out how to do the screen shot and it looks pretty good. You have answered another query for me though as I have to add some converging lines onto another image, I’ll give it ago in Photoshop. Many thanks, Yvonne

With a very small Brush, and extreme adjustments, you can draw 'something like lines' on an image and export it as edited.
To draw lines with the Brush- [Click] on the start point, then [Shift+Click] on the end point. If you hold down the [Shift] key you can continue to draw connecting lines with the brush.
ScreenShot408.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back