• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How to import photos from LR mobile into LrC catalogue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Beeching

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LrC 12.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
  2. iOS
Dear All,

I am a longtime user of LrC and previous incarnations. Recently I have started using LR mobile on my phone for some photography. These photos are successfully synched to LrC. What I want to be able to do is to straightforwardly import them from the cloud into my desktop LrC folders as I do with photos from my camera. With camera photos they are imported into a year/month/day folder structure and renamed to date and time. While I can laboriously do this with the synched photos from LR mobile it has to be done manually and is a tedious process. I'm sure that there must be a simple solution. So, help is most welcome.

Thanks

In Preferences - Lightroom Sync you can set the destination for incoming photos and also that Lightroom should create a dated folder hierarchy.

Thanks, Johan. That does help in getting them to the right place. Though I still have to rename them and apply the import profile, subbsequently, but your advice definitely is a step in the right direction. What would be ideal is something akin to Import as used on photos from a card.

Yes, renaming is something you'll have to do later. Applying a profile is something you can do in Lightroom Mobile already. The only problem is that Lightroom Classic does not sync profiles and Lightroom mobile for iOS can't import profiles, so you need to do this via Lightroom desktop.

I have been using a workflow as folllows:
take sd card from my camera and import images via an ipad through Lightroom. These are uploaded at full res to LR Cloud .
I later open LrC on my imac and the sync occurs whereby the full res images are syncd to a hard drive where I want them to remain intact as my primary image repository.
As time has gone by the cloud storage is filling.
If I delete "all sync'd Images", I understand that it will delte images stored in th ecloud and also delete images syncd to my other mobie devices. BUT will it delete the original images syncd to my primary image repository on the Hard Drive? Hence no images!
From what I have read (confusing as it is, it probably will not touch the repository)
I do understand that if I want the cillections to remain intact I would need to disable syncing first.

Would somebody please confirm?
Thanks.

If I delete "all sync'd Images", I understand that it will delte images stored in th ecloud and also delete images syncd to my other mobie devices. BUT will it delete the original images syncd to my primary image repository on the Hard Drive? Hence no images!

It's fine, and I do this all the time. They will be removed from Adobe's cloud, and from any synced collections, but All Synced Photos is a special collection (just like Quick Collection) and deleting photos from there doesn't delete them from the folders.

Just test it with a couple of photos.

Hey John thanks for confirming. I had done it with one image and it seemed okay but I am happier that there aren't any "gotchas" in there.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back