How to import photos from LR mobile into LrC catalogue?

John Beeching

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
LrC 12.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 13 Ventura
  2. iOS
Dear All,

I am a longtime user of LrC and previous incarnations. Recently I have started using LR mobile on my phone for some photography. These photos are successfully synched to LrC. What I want to be able to do is to straightforwardly import them from the cloud into my desktop LrC folders as I do with photos from my camera. With camera photos they are imported into a year/month/day folder structure and renamed to date and time. While I can laboriously do this with the synched photos from LR mobile it has to be done manually and is a tedious process. I'm sure that there must be a simple solution. So, help is most welcome.

Thanks

Lightroom Experience
Power User
In Preferences - Lightroom Sync you can set the destination for incoming photos and also that Lightroom should create a dated folder hierarchy.

John Beeching

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Thanks, Johan. That does help in getting them to the right place. Though I still have to rename them and apply the import profile, subbsequently, but your advice definitely is a step in the right direction. What would be ideal is something akin to Import as used on photos from a card.

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Yes, renaming is something you'll have to do later. Applying a profile is something you can do in Lightroom Mobile already. The only problem is that Lightroom Classic does not sync profiles and Lightroom mobile for iOS can't import profiles, so you need to do this via Lightroom desktop.