• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How to import Fuji Raw files from an SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomerM3

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Mobile
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. iOS
Apple IOS does not recognize Fuji raw (RAF) files when they are compressed. It does recognize uncompressed files (I shoot raw compressed). I can move raw files from Lightroom (on a Windows PC) to my iPhone running Lightroom Mobile - that works.

My question: If I purchase a new iPad and SD adapter, will I be able to directly import raw files? Or, must all files arrive via the cloud?

How can I get my images from my camera to my iPad?

Right now all imports go to the camera roll first, so if iOS does not recognise the raw files, importing via an SD adapter will probably not work either. This will change with iPadOS this fall.

I routinely import Fuji X-T2 compressed raw files into Lightroom Mobile on my iPhone 8 running iOS 12.3.1 using the SD adapter.

What camera, what version of iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back