• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How to get a square crop (exact)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Simonius

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
How does one go about getting an exact square crop?

Use the 1:1 aspect ratio with it Locked!

Don

Use the 1:1 aspect ratio with it Locked!

Don

sorry I dont understand (even though it is probably really obvious)
I see the aspect tool but how to get it to crop square, were exactly are the commands found?

IS, press R, or choose the crop tool in Develop, in the local adjustments panel at the top. Click the vertical double headed arrow at the far right of the 'Aspect' area. Select 1:1 from the drop down list. Ensure the padlock is 'closed'. (Edit: I agree, the display spacing there leaves a little to be desired, it's hard to see tha that double headed arrow goes with aspect ratio.)

(If 1:1 is not available, [I think it should be by default], you can add it, with 'Enter custom ...')

Oops, simul-posting with Don again.

Do you see the word Original and a closed Padlock? Between them are two little up and down arrows. Click on that and select 1:1 and keep the Padlock locked.

Don

IS, press R, or choose the crop tool in Develop, in the local adjustments panel at the top. Click the vertical double headed arrow at the far right of the 'Aspect' area. Select 1:1 from the drop down list. Ensure the padlock is 'closed'. (Edit: I agree, the display spacing there leaves a little to be desired, it's hard to see tha that double headed arrow goes with aspect ratio.)

(If 1:1 is not available, [I think it should be by default], you can add it, with 'Enter custom ...')

Oops, simul-posting with Don again.

aah thanks I was trying ti click the colon ":" after the word aspect and not getting much luck:roll::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back