• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How to Fix vcruntime140.dll Missing Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telescopist

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Honestly I think I have the latest version but since I cannot access the help menu, I stuck
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've spent the better part of hours attempting to resolve this situation. So when I try to open up Ps or LrC I get the dreaded message that MSVCP140.dll cannot be found. I've downloaded Vcruntime140.dll and followed the instructions for dropping it into the Systems 32 folder > restarted the PC but it's a no go. This is what my Lightroom Folder looks like. Thanks for any help.
LR.jpg

The “latest” is not much help because we still don’t know whether you are running Lightroom Classic or Lightroom (cloudy). Also it is not clear from the error message that Lightroom is the problem. There could also be other apps running in the background that are triggering this message.
Are there two dlls? vcruntime140.dll and MSVCP140.dll sound like two separate files.

Have you followed this fix?
https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-msvcp140-dll-is-missing-error-on-windows/
The dlls are executables and would be in the same App folder as the lightroom exe. Not in the program data folder.

I'm running Lightroom Classic. Adobe automatically updates versions so I'm reasonably sure that I'm running the latest version. I understand that LR may not be the problem. The header in the small window that pops up looks like this. This is a bit of a supposition but it seemed like it happened just after the latest Adobe notification of an update. Should I go ahead and uninstall the program. I do regular backups.
LR2.jpg

Have you tried reinstalling Lightroom Classic?

Presuming that you are rebooting after every crash and every attempt to replace the missing ng dll.

I will uninstall Lightroom Classic and attempt to reinstall. I've never done this before. Once I reinstall can you provide me with the steps I need to take in order to gather back up my files? Thanks.
LR Unistall.jpg

Have you tried reinstalling Lightroom Classic?

Presuming that you are rebooting after every crash and every attempt to replace the missing ng dll.
I have uninstalled all of the subscription base suite of applications. I restarted my PC and then downloaded LrC. I saved the set up file in a folder on my desktop. As soon as I clicked on the folder I got the following popup.
Error Message.jpg
Error Message.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back