• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How to download pictures from the LR Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarathonMax

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
LR 4.4, LrC 10.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
  2. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I have a love-hate relationship with LR (the cloud-based version).

My normal import workflow is the following: on my iMac, I import my RAW files in LR where I select the good and discard the bad ones. I like doing it this way as I often use my tablet to do that work. I will use LrC to edit and apply presets as it is better suited to do so. Once that is done, I move my files into the LrC's library and remove the files from the LR Cloud.

That's fine ... but ...

When I do the same on my Windows laptop, the RAW files are on my laptop or in the cloud but NOT on my iMac where I want to be so that I can move them but my LrC library.

On my iMac in LR, I do see my files, but the RAW files are in the cloud, not local.

I know there exists a LR Cloud downloader, but that's clunky, to say the least.

Should I re-import my RAW files on my iMac in LR? If I do so, will I lose the edits I have done on my Windows laptop while on the road?

Is there a way to actually sync the RAW files locally?

TIA

Max

Is your LrC catalogue set up to sync? If so, it should automatically download any raw files importing in any of the cloudy LR apps. It sounds like you should import first into LrC and sync the photos, then import them a second time into Lr to get raw files in the cloud.

Ignore the Downloader. It's a lifeboat, not something you use routinely.

hey john, as soon as I posted this message, I went to LrC on my iMac and .... well, yes, I saw the RAW files ... It's like going to the dentist when you have a tooth ache and as soon as you enter the office, all pain is gone ... so, looks like it was a non issue. tks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back