• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How to correct faces assignments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strathglass

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
When I look in the People view and look at all the CONFIRMED faces for a particular person, I see some errors that need correction. But I am not able to figure out how to make the correction in this view.
Can anyone advise how to correct these erroneous assignments?

Welcome to the forum.
Open the faces thumbnail view. Below each face thumbnail is a Name for confirmed faces or a (?) for unknowns. Click on the name and it turns into an editable text field. Correct the Name and the check the check mark to confirm.

Thanks, but I know that.
The issue here is how to do a mass correction of a bunch of photos tagged with name A that should instead be tagged with name B: individually correcting each one is not an option.
I was hoping for a way to do this from the view of the CONFIRMED faces for a person, but it seems not.
I mean I could tag these problem photos with a colour and then filter the regular people view for that colour, but surely there is a more straightforward way that is supported, no?

Same instructions as before but modified slightly:
  1. Open the faces thumbnail view. Below each face thumbnail is a Name for confirmed faces or a (?) for unknowns.
  2. Select ALL of the face thumbnails that are of the same person.
  3. Click on the name under one of the selected images and it turns into an editable text field.
  4. Correct the Name and the check the check mark to confirm.
  5. All of the selected images are now assigned the same name

OK Mr. Lee - finally figured it out. Didn't seem to be quite what you were saying but:
From the thumbnail view you double click one of the Named People at the top (which represents a bunch of photos) - this takes you to that Named Person's set of faces from all those photos.
It is different from the normal faces thumbnail view, but it DOES let you edit the name, which I didn't realize at first due to the different interface (the name is on top of the photo/face, not below it...but it still IS editable!).
Your info pointed me in the right direction, so thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back