• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How to copy camera EXIF data and paste it in a text file

Status
Not open for further replies.

pco10

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
  2. iOS
In Lightroom Classic (latest version), how do I copy a photo's camera EXIF data (Model, Lens, Aperture, Exposure, ISO) so I can paste it in a text file. I want to include the EXIF data with a photo submitted to a photo sharing website. From what I've read, it appears that this is not possible within Lightroom and, if that's correct, are there other applications that will do the job?
Haven't had any luck with running lr2mogrrify and exiftool. Thanks for your advice.

It depends on what you want to display. Many photo sharing websites read the EXIF data in the header and will display that. Those that don't often will read the Title, Caption or Description from the file header and display that. If the latter is your choice then you can embed the tokens for Model, Lens, Aperture, Exposure, ISO into the Title, Caption or Description fields in Lightroom
Alternately John Beardsworths' Listview Plugin » List View. Will generate a text file or spreadsheet.

It depends on what you want to display. Many photo sharing websites read the EXIF data in the header and will display that. Those that don't often will read the Title, Caption or Description from the file header and display that. If the latter is your choice then you can embed the tokens for Model, Lens, Aperture, Exposure, ISO into the Title, Caption or Description fields in Lightroom
Alternately John Beardsworths' Listview Plugin » List View. Will generate a text file or spreadsheet.

Thanks, will give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back