• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How to Convert a ThumbsPlus Database to LR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcusd

We currently have a ThumbsPlus SQL database with thumbnails/metadata of round about 4'.''' images - stored on various hard disks/DVDs on- and offline.

Is there a way to convert/import the metadata into LR's database - without having to save/export the information into the respective files and re-read them again in LR?

Thanks,
Marcus

Not easily. Though LR is based on SQL, you'd have a hard job transferring the data. Can Thumbsplus create xmp sidecars or write the metadata back to the originals?

ThumbsPlus can indeed write the metadata back to the originals. However, in case of our DVDs this would mean a lot of copying to hard disks and effectively re-burning all DVDs. Very unpopular among the family members, hence my original question.

Has anybody any knowledge about hacking into LR's SQL database or its structure/ format?

Thanks,
Marcus

I have, I know my way around various flavours of SQL, and that's why I cautioned you.

John

Thanks for the info Walter, and welcome to the forum!

Yeah_That.gif
Nice stuff Walter, I also used ThumbsPlus before I stumbled on to Lightroom.
I still do, but only for images other than photos I have shot, of which I have a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back