• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How to consolidate my photos in one location

sanddollarimages

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic CC 8
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hello! I currently have part of my photograph catalog on my iMac (running OS Mojave 10.14.2) and the rest on an external drive. When I first started using Lightroom I downloaded directly from my SD card to the Mac but when I started to run out of space I began downloading directly to the external drive. I would like to move all of my images to the external drive and be sure that my Lightroom catalog knows where to find everything. What is the best way to do this? I have tried to copy the files and then find them in my Seagate back up . I can see them there in my iMac finder, but not in Lightroom. Any assistance appreciated.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version