• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How to compare photos side by side in Lightroom CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa.tortella

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
CC
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
How to compare photos side by side in Lightroom CC

I believe this is a feature found in Lightroom Classic and not in Lightroom (cloudy)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, that was going to be my question as well this morning, how weird. I need to submit 10 photos to a course that I’m doing and need to submit them in a particular order for aesthetic reasons. Would it work if I give them each a title such as ’Image_01’ - ‘Image_10’ before I export them - would they then stay in that order when I export them, before putting them in a zip folder? Thank you

Hi, that was going to be my question as well this morning, how weird. I need to submit 10 photos to a course that I’m doing and need to submit them in a particular order for aesthetic reasons. Would it work if I give them each a title such as ’Image_01’ - ‘Image_10’ before I export them - would they then stay in that order when I export them, before putting them in a zip folder? Thank you
A Different topic but I can answer that here. Files have no inherent order. Image files are no different from any other type of data file in this regard. It is the user viewing the images that determines the sort order. Your filesystem that calls the app that will display the file determines the order the files are displayed. Or the app itself can use various characteristics sort the file to be shown.
The most common characteristic used for sorting files is the file name. Another is the date the image was shot. The default sort order for the file system is the file name. The person receiving the files needs to know how you want them sorted for viewing. You can assume a default on file name and rename the files as you export them. This way the files can be named in the same sequence they are exported. Instructions for exporting and renaming are slightly different fro, Lightroom Classic and Lightroom (cloudy) So you will need to provide that information if you want instructions for importing.

That‘s great Cletus, I understand exactly what you are explaining and you have done that exceedingly well :)
many thanks , Yvon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back