• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How to clear the Import menu's list of recent sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell Banks

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 9.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
My list of "Recent Sources" in the Select a Source menu of the Import dialog goes back many years, scrolling clear off the bottom of my 27-inch screen.

Is there a way to re-set this list of recent paths and start over?

Thanks,
Russell

Down at the bottom of the list you should see the option to "Clear Recent Paths". Click on it....

Until you called my attention to it, I can't recall when I last opened the dropdown.
The Source panel always shows the mounted volumes including the camera card and the primary user folders are open and expanded on the Primary Disk (Macintosh HD). The quickest access for me is to click on the camera card or navigate to the folder in a disk if I'm not importing off of a camera card.

Thanks, Jim. I looked at the bottom of the list for some sort of "clear" button, but didn't expect it to be in the same font, as the last item in the list of paths.

Regards,
Russell

Until you called my attention to it, I can't recall when I last opened the dropdown.
The Source panel always shows the mounted volumes including the camera card and the primary user folders are open and expanded on the Primary Disk (Macintosh HD). The quickest access for me is to click on the camera card or navigate to the folder in a disk if I'm not importing off of a camera card.
Thanks, Cletus. I sometimes import not from a camera card, but from paths deep in my folders that contain files from Photoshop batch processing specially formatted images I've posted to Instagram. I like to keep records of what I've actually posted there. So navigating by clicking several levels down is more trouble.

Best,
Russell

I too had completely forgotten about this list. Apparently it is stored in the catalog as some of the paths in the list are from my laptop (I have the catalog on an EHD along with my photos and just plug it into the laptop when I travel). It took over 3 minutes of holding down the scroll button to get to the bottom of the list as it looks like the list goes all the way back to LR1 (or maybe LR4). But I was able to spot the last item and clear it.

Thanks for that! I too had a vast list. I use the year in the folder structure, so I could see it slowly working backwards, year after year after year!
Now cleared.
I never use the functionality, I always drag the folder into the library window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back