• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Develop module How to clean up my LR Classic Preset Library into one place and point LR Classic to the right folder? And delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavots

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 8.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I am so confused.
My LR Classic 8.2 says my presets are all in the camera raw folder now as XMP files. (Discovered this using the "Show LR Develop Presets button in prefs.) No idea how that happened. All the lrtemplate presets in my LR/Develop Presets folder seem to be ignored-I think. My understanding is that LR Classic now uses XMP presets and not the lrtemplates presets - or even odder "double tilde" lrtemplate presets.

I would like to get this all re-organized as there are also some 50+ presets under LR "User Presets" that are actually from another preset folder in Camera Raw. Instead od being in a named folder they show up individually under User Presets.

I have been using LR since beta but never so confused (except how to use LR CC with LR Classic but that's another story).

How best to blow this all up and start over???? I would like all the presets to be in the LR folder, not ACR, like they used to be. Is this possible or is ACR the new place for all presets now? Can I delete all the lrtemplate files (and double tiles versions) and move them to the LR Develop Folder or do they serve some purpose?
And how do I make LR Classic recognize the LR/Develop Preset folder as the home to all my presets (and not ACR)?

Thanks, Maris

Lrtemplate presets are obsolete. You can delete them. XMP presets contain the organisation structure in the presets themselves. You can organise them in folders if you want to, but it won’t do anything.

I'm not able to answer all your questions but, yes, Adobe changed things around with the new XMP versions which now live in the ACR folder. When Adobe converts the older LRtemplate version to the new XMP format, it renames the old one by putting "~~" in front of the file name. This is how it knows to ignore those LRTemplate files since there wi

Hi Johan,
there was a lot of knowledge embedded in the 2018 presets. Is there a way how to migrate them, or see what they were? My 2018 version was deinstalled during the upgrade to 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back