• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How to, can I export, publish from Lightroom Classic to Synology Photos Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lschiz

Lightroom Version Number
10.3 RAW 13.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
My work flow ends up on a working drive M on my desktop.
My working Catalogs are on my C drive backed up elsewhere on my NAS.
I sync my M drive to a master folder on my Synology NAS on my local network.
I curently publish from LR to Smugmug, my website using their excellext Publishing app.
I am setting up to leave Smugmug, host my own site on my Syology NAS. (This Smugmug Publish service will also mark for republish as I make dchange to catalog files.)
Is there anything similar to this Smugmug Publish App for exporting/publishing from LRC to the new DSM 7 Synology Photo App?
I will still sync my desktop working M drive to the master folder on my NAS for lwevel 1 of my back up system but want to exprto or publish to my NAS Synology Photo files for shared to family, friends and clients.
I am also building a new website to replace my Smugmug site for clients. I am using/building with Wordpress on my local NAS with Imagely Pro.
Any sugestions thought are sincerely appreciated.
Scott

My work flow ends up on a working drive M on my desktop.
My working Catalogs are on my C drive backed up elsewhere on my NAS.
I sync my M drive to a master folder on my Synology NAS on my local network.
I curently publish from LR to Smugmug, my website using their excellext Publishing app.
I am setting up to leave Smugmug, host my own site on my Syology NAS. (This Smugmug Publish service will also mark for republish as I make dchange to catalog files.)
Is there anything similar to this Smugmug Publish App for exporting/publishing from LRC to the new DSM 7 Synology Photo App?
I will still sync my desktop working M drive to the master folder on my NAS for lwevel 1 of my back up system but want to exprto or publish to my NAS Synology Photo files for shared to family, friends and clients.
I am also building a new website to replace my Smugmug site for clients. I am using/building with Wordpress on my local NAS with Imagely Pro.
Any sugestions thought are sincerely appreciated.
Scott

If the Synology NAS is an attached drive then you can use the Hard drive Publish Service and just point the export destination to as folder on the Synology drive that will be used to host your Wen images

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I export jpgs to my Synology NAS using Jeffrey Friedl's Folder Publisher plugin, which allows you to export copies of your Lightroom photos to disk in a folder hierarchy that mimics the folder hierarchy in your Lightroom catalog using criteria you choose (e.g. "all photos with 3 star ratings"). You can set up different publish services for different tree structures. Mine is set up to publish to the "photos" folder on the NAS and so Synology Photos automatically finds all newly published photos. It's great, has run solidly for years and it takes just one click to publish newly edited (or re-edited) photos.

If the Synology NAS is an attached drive then you can use the Hard drive Publish Service and just point the export destination to as folder on the Synology drive that will be used to host your Wen images

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ah yes Thank you
And I think I recall I coud set up an export and name it and save it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back