• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How to apply every preset and export the results.

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic CC 7.4
Operating System
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hello,

I'm looking to cull down my presets and what I am looking to achieve is a plugin or method of applying every preset within a set or all of them and have the image exported with the name of the preset applied either watermarked on the image or as the filename. I want to print off contact sheets of the presets I have demonstrating each preset applied.

Does anyone know if this is possible or does a solution already exist to perform this?

Thanks,

Lightroom Experience
Power User
I don't know of anything that will do this automatically. It may be possible for a plugin,but I haven't heard of one that does it.

Maybe delete all your presets and see which you miss?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
I Googled "presets to virtual copies plugin" and found Excessor....

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
An even without the plugin it is not too difficult to create the VCs- (Mouse in right hand, Left hand on keyboard)

1. Open an image in the Develop module
2. Expand the Profile Browser open in the Basic Panel
3. Click on a Profile ,
4. Press [Ctrl+'] to create a Virtual Copy
5. Repeat steps 3. and 4. for all possible Profiles.

So that is- Cursor click a profile, [ Ctrl+' ] / Cursor click a profile, [ Ctrl+' ] / Cursor click a profile, [ Ctrl+' ] / Cursor click a profile, [ Ctrl+' ] / , etc, etc,

Naming the Profiles on the contact sheet will require some manual editing of 'Title' or 'Caption' in the metadata. Or simply use the 'Copy Name' in the Photo Info- Text Template Editor.

Last edited:
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Edit: And I should read more carefully- You asked for "Presets"- my answer above is for Profiles!
But to do Presets manually- I would create multiple VCs (Repeat [Ctrl+'] multiple times), then select each one along the filmstrip and click a Preset to apply.
Unless you have ~6000 presets like one forum thread I viewed.:eek: