• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How should I import pictures from iPhone 6 into Lightroom Classic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I wonder, what is the correct way to import pictures from my iPhone 6 into Lightroom Classic on a Windows 10 PC.

The procedure goes like this:

When I connect the iphone by cable with the USB port of my PC and click "import" in Lightroom, no iPhone is listed under available devices. When I disconnect and reconnect again, it will show the iPhone, however it will show the message "no pictures found". When I disconnect and reconnect again, it will finally show the pictures of my iphone and I can import them.

What is going on and what should I do ?

I don't know about what you are asking, but an alternate approach is to sync Classic to the adobe cloud and run LightRoom on your iPhone. Then under LR settings (on your iPhone) you can turn on Auto Import of photos (and exclude screenshots and videos). Just an idea.

Check out PhotoSync. It is the Swiss army knife of photo transfer tools. Although it is a two step process, 1 transfer from iPhone to Mac or PC, 2) Import into Lightroom. It always works, it keeps and track of all previous transfers (no duplicates) and you are new dependent on Adobe servers to move your images.

-louie

What about import from iCloud ? Since I take my pictures with my iPhone, all these pictures are stored in Apple's iCloud. Is there a way to import the pictures from iCloud into Lightroom ?

Yes you can export from Photos after they have been synced to iCloud and back to your computer but you have to figure out for yourself of which of the images and movies are new. PhotoSync has a very rich feature set and allows for variety of workflows that can be automated within the app.
It also does not "require" using cloud storage.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back