How many keyboard short cuts can you remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidedric

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
In my case it's not very many. I realistically use no more than half a dozen. I know this may be down to old age, decrepitude, lack of practice and so on, but how many do you use regularly? In my case it is exacerbated by using a tablet (so the keyboard is not quite so easily in reach). And when I try to remember Photoshop commands as well, my brain stops working :meh:

Dave

Yes I know. I have them printed off. But I can't remember them. So I use the menus. Good grief, is it just me?

P.S. This is meant to be a bit off the wall in the Lounge :grin:

Last edited:
Within each module- [ CTRL+/ ] shows a shortcut screen.! (remember thats [CTRL+ the key with ? on it ].)

Also [ CTRL+, ] opens preferences (remember that's [ CTRL+ the key with < on it ]. )

In my case it's not very many. I realistically use no more than half a dozen. I know this may be down to old age, decrepitude, lack of practice and so on, but how many do you use regularly? In my case it is exacerbated by using a tablet (so the keyboard is not quite so easily in reach). And when I try to remember Photoshop commands as well, my brain stops working :meh:

Dave

When I am working in Lr, I use a couple dozen. But almost every time I start the application I have to go search for the shortcuts because I have forgotten them. Yes, I am that old...

Tim

It's not just you! I wrote the shortcuts sheet and I can't remember most of them. I'd guess I can remember 50+, but there's a lot more I can't remember.

As far as I remember I use exactly 2 shortcuts.

- "Quick Collection" which I assigned to Key Q
- and X for rejecting photos

Everything else I do with the mouse.
I even deactivated (where possible) most of the other shortcuts to make the menus less cluttered.

For me, it's Cmd /
Thanks Snapper, yep I'm a windows guy, forgot you Mac crowd, so its Cmd/Ctrl + /
One shortcut to remember!

I actually use a programmable gamepad (Logitech G13) and programmed all my most-used keys into it... now they are laid out where I want them to be and I don't have to move my hand to reach them.

I can't remember many, but I just found this web site through the Adobe forums in a thread about shortcuts. I don't know if this will get to the right person, but I just wanted to say "Thanks!!!" Supplying the PDF is going above and beyond the call of duty and is greatly appreciated.

You're very welcome Steven - and welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back