• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Library module How I'm using Color Labels for JPEG, Raw, and 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwwinaz

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.3
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
This is my color scheme and it may give you some ideas. I have images from many different cameras. They all produce JPEG images but only a few produce Raw images (and they have three different suffixes: ARW [from two different cameras], ORF, and DNG). I have a Fuji W3 3D camera that takes JPEG and MPO pairs. Lightroom does not recognize the MPO file type. I have the JPEG and Raw files treated as different images.

I filter and label all my Raw images with Red. I filter and label my JPEG images with Green. Then I filter and mark all my 3D JPEG images, based on camera, as Blue. This allows me to identify the different image types in Grid view, especially the 3D pictures that have an MPO pair not in the Library.

I have top level folders for JPEG, ARW, ORF, and the DNG images. All of these are in the same catalog. In the past I've deleted many JPEGs but not their Raw pairs. Now if I see two consecutive images with Red squares, I know the first one has had its JPEG deleted and I can delete the Raw image.

I still have Yellow and Purple for any future needs.

P.S. You can take a 3D picture by taking a picture then moving your camera about 3" to the right and taking the same picture. Move the camera about the distance between your eyes. There is software that can combine these two images into a 3D image. There are many ways to view 3D images and it adds an entirely new dimension when viewing the 3D image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back