• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Sync How do you manage your "All Synced Photographs"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbwilliams22

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
From my understanding, this is how you sync pictures to make them accessible on mobile (Lightroom CC). Is it best practice to simply drag and drop pictures from "All Photographs" to "All Synced Photographs" if I want them to be accessible on mobile?

I find it generally better to add the photos to synced collections. Dragging and dropping pictures from "All Photographs" to "All Synced Photographs" gets them to mobile, but they're then difficult to find.

I find it generally better to add the photos to synced collections. Dragging and dropping pictures from "All Photographs" to "All Synced Photographs" gets them to mobile, but they're then difficult to find.

What if the photo doesn’t really fit in a collection? As in it’s not a “trip” or “event” etc but rather just a random shot?

Maybe you handle collections in another way? As of now, I have pretty specific collections, like “Bahamas” or “Favorites” etc.

What if the photo doesn’t really fit in a collection? As in it’s not a “trip” or “event” etc but rather just a random shot?

Maybe you handle collections in another way? As of now, I have pretty specific collections, like “Bahamas” or “Favorites” etc.
I completely agree with John. If you have a selection of 'random' photos, why not have a separate collection for miscellaneous?

Is it easy to tell what photos in "All Photographs" are not part of a collection?
Select everything that is in a Collection. Switch to All Photographs (or All Synced Photos which is what I think you mean) and Edit > Invert Selection. Then you will have selected all those not in a Collection. As you're probably dealing with lots of photos, add them to the Quick Collection (hit B) and then you can examine them further. Obviously if you decide to add to the Quick Collection you need to make sure there are none in there to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back