• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How do I upgrade to 6.12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbeck

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
I'm currently at 6.10. I click on Help/Updates and it appears to install latest. But I relaunch Lr and it still shows 6.10.

If you are clickng on a desktop shortcut, it could be pointing to the older version of LR that might be still on your system. Go to the program folder and search for the LR6 app and click on that.
Before you go that route, in LR click on System Info on the help menu and verify that you are running LR6.12 [ 1125239 ]

I think when a minor version is installed it always removes the prior version, so I do not think 6.10 and 6.12 can be resident at the same time, can they?

If checking to be sure in the help menu it's really 6.10, Is there a chance the install is failing, did you watch for errors? Maybe check the windows event log?

I think when a minor version is installed it always removes the prior version, so I do not think 6.10 and 6.12 can be resident at the same time, can they?

Normally not, but the old version could be on a backup disk. A bit far fetched however, and unlikely the answer to this problem.

I have had various issues like this on Windows ... so I usually check my short cuts are always loading the correct version after an upgrade (Lr or Ps).

I've had a similar problem since May 2017, when I was running v.9 - and still am. Both my desktop and laptop are stuck on 9. Each was a separate download from Adobe, same result, and they both operate well except for bugs not yet fixed (Map flashes, etc.)

Seems to me it's a CC problem, so I've deleted and reinstalled CC pgm twice, no changes. It says I'm up to date so it won't try to get the latest (.12).

I've checked the shortcut target, which as seen in File Explorer is a file that has a creation date of 7 Jan 2017. Doesn't seem to be the latest, v.12 - I suppose. I've launched from clicking directly on the .exe file, same results so the problem isn't the shortcut.

I don't know any other way to find out the version date of the folder's file and check against the LR Help/System Info date (v.9). But I repeat - this is more likely a CC problem. BTW, it crashes about once a week, and when I reinstall I get the same old result.

Looks like I have to start classes this week with an apology about how the lease program can be unreliable, even when you've been a paying customer for 2 years? Isn't Adobe embarrasable about performance like this? Others have been enduring this for months, as I have. Any directions would be appreciated. DKD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back