• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How do I recover last keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi I have just tried to do a metadata update. That is I went to the metadata edit area and edited the metadata to try and get the copryright of appear on all image matadata.
Having done that I went back to the folder I was working on and found all my keywords missing. Other folders seem ok.
I then did a search using any searchablefield and contains all and put a keyword in, up came a number of images with that keyword. When I click on an image, it still has no keywords.
Two questions;
1. Any idea what I did wrong?
2. Seems my keywords are there somewhere, so how can I get them back attached to approriate images please.
Appreciate any help. there is over 5,000 images involved.
Thank you.

1: You probably synchronized metadata, and did not realise that the keyword field was also checked. Because the most selected image didn't contain any keywords, then that's what you synched to all the other images.
2: I know of no way to restore lost keywords other than using a catalog backup.

Hmm that's not what I was hoping for. Sounds like I need to be more careful. thank you for responding.
Cheers
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back