How do I had descriptive metadata to a whole group of files on import?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassiman

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Hi,

I will be importing 2 groups of jpeg files. One from my iPhone and one group from my wife's. How do I add Metadata to each group so that I can pull up one group or the other when searched?

Bennett, I actually have no idea what metadata comes with a JPEG made from a iPhone but (nearly) all cameras that I know include both a camera make and model as well as a serial number (this is unique).
So, import a JPEg from each iPhone and check the EXIF metadata and see what is recorded.
If there is a serial number for the iPhone then there is your ticket.

Tony Jay

I don't know that a serial number is recorded by Lightroom for iPhones.....it certainly isn't for my iPhone4. If you both have the same iPhone model, the easiest thing to do would be to add a different identification keyword per iPhone during import (you can do this in the Import Panel).

I don't know that a serial number is recorded by Lightroom for iPhones.....it certainly isn't for my iPhone4. If you both have the same iPhone model, the easiest thing to do would be to add a different identification keyword per iPhone during import (you can do this in the Import Panel).
Yes, this is the key.
The other alternative is to use the IPTC image creator section.

Tony Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back