• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The August 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. Lightroom Classic includes advanced GPU support, batch HDR/pano merge and more. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has deleted photos on the desktop/mobile apps, as well as video support and batch metadata editing on Android. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

How do I had descriptive metadata to a whole group of files on import?

hassiman

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hi,

I will be importing 2 groups of jpeg files. One from my iPhone and one group from my wife's. How do I add Metadata to each group so that I can pull up one group or the other when searched?

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Bennett, I actually have no idea what metadata comes with a JPEG made from a iPhone but (nearly) all cameras that I know include both a camera make and model as well as a serial number (this is unique).
So, import a JPEg from each iPhone and check the EXIF metadata and see what is recorded.
If there is a serial number for the iPhone then there is your ticket.

Tony Jay

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
I don't know that a serial number is recorded by Lightroom for iPhones.....it certainly isn't for my iPhone4. If you both have the same iPhone model, the easiest thing to do would be to add a different identification keyword per iPhone during import (you can do this in the Import Panel).

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
I don't know that a serial number is recorded by Lightroom for iPhones.....it certainly isn't for my iPhone4. If you both have the same iPhone model, the easiest thing to do would be to add a different identification keyword per iPhone during import (you can do this in the Import Panel).
Yes, this is the key.
The other alternative is to use the IPTC image creator section.

Tony Jay