• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How do I get this look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

another_twilight

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom mobile
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello,
I think I have tried everything but still can’t edit my photos to look any similar to these:
I would even purchase a preset but so far every preset that I have tried doesn’t look anything close to these on my photos. Please help, what’s the secret? I have seen many people achieving this kind of looks. :sorry:

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. This questions come up from time to time and unfortunately there is no simple answer to it. But, it is possible to get pointed in a general direction. Let me ask you a few questions;
  • What do you specifically like about these images?
  • Have you tried to contact the people who posted them to see if they could give you any advice?
  • Are you shooting raw files, and have you tried playing around in LR just to get familiar with the develop module?
I am suspecting that the look in all of these images is an emulation of somewhat faded prints from films of the past. They all look a bit de-saturated and the color balance seems somewhat cool. Contrast also seems a bit toned down, but all if this is pure speculation as we do not have the original files for comparison.

Good luck,

--Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back