• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How Do I get images directly from the Lr library when in Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroon Classic 8.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Can I open images directly from the library mode of Lightroom in to Photoshop? I know how to edit in Photoshop from Lightroom Ctrl E, but I want to know how to get images from Lr library when in Ps. File Open takes me to my computer and it’s possible to get the images that way, but time consuming. Surely there must be a way to get the images directly from the Lr library.

You mean you are in Photoshop and want to use 'File - Open' and then go to the Lightroom catalog? That is not possible because the Lightroom catalog does not contain images, only links to them.

Lightroom Classic is an image manager. PS is an image editor, So that you do not need to do the tedious work of finding an image in the filesystem and then opening that file in PS you need to use your image manager (Lightroom Classic). Bridge is another image. Both opens a selected image in PS. However you do not need but one image manager app.

If the images are synced into the Lightroom Ecosystem:

1. File>Open
  2. Top Left, under Home and Learn should be LR Photos
  3. Your Synced albums should appear when you click this.
  4. Select Photo

If the images are synced into the Lightroom Ecosystem:

1. File>Open
  2. Top Left, under Home and Learn should be LR Photos
  3. Your Synced albums should appear when you click this.
  4. Select Photo
As the OP is using Lightroom Classic, this won't really work. The images in the ecosystem are smart previews in that case, so Photoshop will indeed open the image but it will be the smart preview, not the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back