• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

How do I change the view in "Library" to show panels of info to the left and right of the images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolff.howard

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version 7.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
The view in "Develop" is fine, but in "Library" I only see the images (whether in grid view or lupe view).

Here's what my Library view looks like:

Probably Shift-Tab will do it. That toggles all side, top, and bottom panels on or off.

F7 F8 - Function keys also shows/hides left-right side panels. F5 F6 the top/bottom panels
Or click the tiny triangle on the very edge of the Lightroom window.
And Right-Click the tiny triangle on the very edge of the Lightroom window to set options.

Easier to remember when you're starting out: go to the "Window" menu, "Panels" sub-menu, and you'll see all the available options, along with their shortcuts.

And, if there is one shortcut to memorize, it's <Ctrl>"<" (on Windows) or <Cmd>"<" on Mac. It will cause a panel with a lot of shortcuts to be displayed. This panel is even module dependent...

And, if there is one shortcut to memorize, it's <Ctrl>"<" (on Windows) or <Cmd>"<" on Mac. It will cause a panel with a lot of shortcuts to be displayed. This panel is even module dependent...
Philippe, Unless you are using a different language keyboard other than US/English-
I think you meant to write [Ctrl-Cmd] + [/] ie. Hold down [Ctrl-Cmd] and press the Forward Slash key- Think of it as the question mark key- What are those shortcuts??
The shortcut [Ctrl-Cmd] + [,] is the shortcut for preferences. ie Hold [Ctrl-Cmd] and press the key with [<] to go 'back' into preferences setup.

The problem with Ctrl-/ is that it doesn't show all of the shortcuts. For example, the shortcuts F5, F6, F7, and F8, discussed above, are not displayed. Nor are Ctrl-0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and Ctrl-Shift-0, 1, 2, 3, 4. Seems like a serious oversight to me; wouldn't it be a simple and obvious thing to have a "Help" panel show all the available options?

Philippe, Unless you are using a different language keyboard other than US/English-
Yes, I'm using a french version of LR. I knew that some shortcut are not the same in different language keyboard, but I didn't know it was the case for this one, sorry !
Thanks anyway for having corrected this.

The problem with Ctrl-/ is that it doesn't show all of the shortcuts. For example, the shortcuts F5, F6, F7, and F8, discussed above, are not displayed. Nor are Ctrl-0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and Ctrl-Shift-0, 1, 2, 3, 4. Seems like a serious oversight to me; wouldn't it be a simple and obvious thing to have a "Help" panel show all the available options?
Agree completely! But the full list is rather long!
In the mean-time we have to rely on experts to help, like-
Victoria Bampton- Keyboard Shortcuts | The Lightroom Queen
Laura Shoe- https://laurashoe.com/thank-you-for-your-subscription/

Or- use the Menus (Window > Panels) that show a shortcut where available-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back